In April 2016, the provincial Party committee issued the action plan numbered 05-CTr/TU (CHTĐ 05), on investing and developing tourism into the province’s significant economic sector in the period of 2016-2020. As for tourism sector, this is practically a significant turning point, creating the foundations for the development.
Phu Yen newspaper had an interview about the achievements gained in toursim with Mr Pham Van Bay, Director of the Department of Culture-Sports-Tourism, deputy head of the steering committee for developing Phu Yen tourism in a sustainable manner, Mr Bay lets known:
|The Lighthouse (Dong Hoa town) is attracting lots of tourists|
– Action Plan numbered 05 by the provincial Party Committee and Plan numbered 119 by the PPC have covered comprehensively the entire solutions, tasks and targets for the tourism sector development. After the synchronous implementation, the provincial tourism sector has gained outstanding achievements, with drastic shifts, asserting to be the province’s significant economic sector.
Among the tasks, it can be emphasized on the 3 groups of important achievements, i.e firstly, creating the positive changes in the awareness of the cadres, Party members and locals when it comes to tourism development; enhancing the roles of tourism to promote the development of other sectors; secondly, the task of investment on constructing infrastructure in connection with tourism development has been particularly cared about; especially traffic roads, facilities, technical equipment to serve tourism have been obviously improved; some luxury tourism zones and coastal tourism clusters…have been formed…., which creates the breakthroughs in developing coastal relaxing tourism in Phu Yen; lots of cultural and historical relics, scenic spots have been renovated and efficiently exploited; thirdly, the task of promoting, advertising tourism has been enhanced, making significant contributions to attracting, increasing the number of tourists; building up the brand name of tourism “Phu Yen-an attractive and hospitable destination” and orientates the development for particular tourism products.
* The task of scheming, investing technical infrastructure and attracting investment are simultaneously breakthrough solutions. What are the outstanding achievements in this sector, sir?
– These are the solutions with great breakthroughs. The task of scheming and investing in infrastructure lays the foundations for appealing to investment for tourism development. The events that have been held include announcing the overall scheming for developing tourism zone of Xuan Dai Bay; setting scheme for developing Phu Yen coastal region; adjusting the schemes along Doc Lap road, Le Duan road; overall scheming for constructing O Loan urban area (Tuy An), Ho Son park, the project along Bach Dang road, phase 2, detailed scheme for new urban zone of South Tuy Hoa, the scheme for the concentrated construction for the provincial administrative offices (Tuy Hoa city)…
Investing in the infrastructure for socio-eco development in connection with tourism development, with such projects of putting Ca pass tunnel into use, Cu Mong pass tunnel as well, newly constructing Da Rang bridge and Chua river bridge; the inner-province traffic roads; upgrading and renovating Tuy Hoa station, increasing the number of tickets, extending stopping time of the trains. Tuy Hoa aviation port has been invested for upgrading to ensure receiving international flights.
From 2016, tourism sector has attracted lots of investment projects. More than 200 accommodation foundations have been newly constructed and put into operation, lots of restaurants, foodstalls, trade centers have been invested for upgrading, immensely and newly constructing at the locality. 221 projects have been issued decisions for investment advocacy, including 26 projects in the sector of major tourism are under implementation. Besides, numerous major projects have been put into complete operation and some partly operation, namely: Rosa Alba Resort, Stelia Beach Resort, Vietstar-Sao Mai eco-toursim zone, My homeland village, Pytopia conference center, Seaside resort…; some projects are being dealt with entanglements and sped up the investment process; Cu Lao Mai Nha luxury resort, Xep Beach, Bai Tram pearl (phase 2), Vinh Hoa Emerald Bay Resort. Lots of projects combining trade centers with tourism are now under implementation, namely Mandala Wyndham Phu Yen, The Light Phu Yen…
* Diversifying and enhancing tourism products with high quality, forming products with particular features is one of the not-yet-strong parts of Phu Yen. How has this been overcome and changed in the past time?
– Lots of solutions for this issue have been implemented like investing in developing the values of cultural heritages, particular art from for developing tourism, like “the art of performing double drums, cong ba and chieng nam”, “Phu Yen province’s festival of praying for bumper crop”, “the ritual of praying for the maturity of Ede Phu Yen compatriots”, (the national intangible cultural heritage), Bai Choi art (humanity’s intangible cultural heritage); investing for upgrading Nhan mountain, Xuan Dai Bay festival, O Loan lagoon boat racing, Da Nong river festival, Luong Van Chanh temple festival, Thi Thung mound horse race…Developing the brand name of industrial products in connection with tourism; gradually forming some craft tourism products, souvenirs, like : pottery, wood, art shells, bonsai stones, seafood, coffee..
The province’s localities continue to invest in constructing infrastructure to serve socio-eco development in connection with tourism development; changing the rural area’s appearance, forming the tourism points and cultural villages.
Form the local tourism routes and zones and link the tourism routes with other localities. The entire province has acknowledged 8 local tourism points and 3 tourism routes. The developed tourism products include : relaxing tourism, culture, cuisine, all of which are getting more plentiful; at the two scenic spots of Da Dia reef, Bai Mon-Dai Lanh, the number of tourists is increasing on an average percentage of over 25.
Besides, the travel trading units have constructed the tourism programs which are quite plentiful, tourism products in connection with sea and islands; organizing sightseeing tours, discovering the islands close to the shore, admiring coral reefs at the islands along the shore, enjoying sea products, visiting craft villages…to create the exciting experiences for tourists.
Source: Phu Yen Newspaper
Translated by HAI LOAN